Manufacturer: Syracuse China
User: Bancroft Hotel
Date of blue and white candle stand: 1912-1919
Date of multicolored candle stand: 1925
Notes: Named in honor of George Bancroft (1800-1891), the 450-room hotel opened on September 1, 1913 at 50 Franklin Street, Worcester, MA.
The Sheraton chain bought the building in 1942, but then changed the name back to the Bancroft in 1955. The building later was converted to commercial and apartment use in 1964.