Manufacturer: Scammell China
User: Bankers Lounge Club
Distributor: American China & Glassware Co. – Chicago
Date of cup & saucer: circa 1927
Notes: The Banker's Lounge Club opened on March 15, 1928, at 105 West Adams Street in Chicago, Illinois. In less than two years it merged with the Midland Club of Chicago in December 1929, and moved to the Midland Club's headquarters at 172 West Adams Street in Chicago.
According to Larry Paul, "this china was only ordered once and Scammell ended up with a stack of logo decals that were never used."
Lamberton white body china with the club's logo placed on the cup's side and the saucer's border. The logo is a larger letter "B" in an orange/red with the smaller letter "L" in black placed to the left and slightly overlapping the "B," and the smaller letter "C" also in black piercing the center of the letter "B." These three letters are encircled in two concentric circles of fine lines – the outer line circle in black and the inner line circle in the orange/red of the letter "B." All of these elements are partially encircled in a flower or leaf design in a slightly lighter orange/red border, with a black ribbon and bow beneath.
Photos contributed by Steven Koska
ID contributed by Larry Paul