Manufacturer: Syracuse China
User: Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
Date: February 1949
Notes: Website: http://www.frbsf.org. From the Wikipedia, the 12-city Federal Reserve System was created on Dec. 23, 1913. The San Francisco office (designated 12-L) opened on Nov. 16, 1914, in rented quarters. In early 1920, construction began of the eight-story Federal Reserve Bank Building, designed by George W. Pelham, located at 400 Sansom Street. The building featured a three-story Beaux-Arts Ionic colonnade below the Art Moderne-style upper floors. The building opened in 1924 and served until 1983, when it moved to a larger facility at 101 Market Street.
The china is crested with a brick red shield containing 12 stars over 13 vertical stripes. 12-L, in outlined white letters, is superimposed over the stripes. A spread-winged eagle is perched atop the shield. Outlined laurel and oak leaf wreath encircles the shield. A mid-rim brick red line flanks the logo.
ID contributed by Jackie
IDwiki entry and photo of cafeteria contributed by L Paul
Photo of fruit bowl contributed by pavlofitz1
Photo of creamer contributed by CarolCardona