Manufacturer: Carr China Company
User: French Tavern
Date of platter: circa 1936 – 1952
Notes: From a story in the Huntington, W.V., Herald-Dispatch: The French Tavern was opened in 1924 in Huntington, W.V., by George and Ida Weydisch. During its history, it had three locations and was eventually operated by the Weydisch's son with seating for up to 200 at that time. It closed in 1980.
The china would have been ordered for the location at 2349 Adams Street where they moved in 1936. This would have approximately coincided by a few years with Carr's introduction of its Glo-Tan body. The decal on the platter is a match for the Adams Street location, which was later razed.
Herald-Dispatch – Huntington, West Virginia
Content: Susan and Ed Phillips