Manufacturer: Greenwood Pottery
Distributor: E.L. Weiscopf – Boston
Date of plate: circa 1910-1933
Notes: Langley's restaurant had two locations in Portland, Maine, the original Langley's at 599 Congress Street that most likely opened in the early 1920s and a second location at 630 Congress Street that opened in 1929. At some later date, Langley's acquired the adjacent building at 634 Congress Street and opened Langley's Marine Grill. The postcards shown above provide a glimpse of both Langley's and Langley's Marine Grill, and the interior of the Marine Grill. In 1949, Langley's at 630 was sold and converted to a Howard Johnson's. It is not known when the Langley's Marine Grill closed.
ID and photos contributed by Phil Lord
Postcards contributed by Ed Babcock