Manufacturer: Syracuse China
User: The Lexington
Date of plate: June 1956
Notes: The Lexington was located on the corner of Lexington and Grand in St. Paul, Minn. In October 1935, Pat and Veronica McLean marked the repeal of Prohibition by putting down $2,850 to buy this small, neighborhood pub and chose the pub's name with a coin toss over which of the intersecting roads to choose.
The Lex, as it was known locally, held a reputation for its culinary excellence. For 74 years, it was the unofficial clubhouse for generations of St. Paul Hill Area residents and visitors, but closed in 2013.
Ivory body with coin gold rim and gold verge line with deep maroon red in the well. Topmarked center with The Lexington shield logo and name in deep maroon red and gold.
Matchbook photo contributed by ebay seller kennygotpostcards