Manufacturer: Knowles Taylor Knowles
User: Maine Eye and Ear Infirmary
Date of plate: circa 1885 – circa 1910
Notes: Located on Congress Street in Portland, Maine, the Maine Eye & Ear Infirmary opened in 1890 to provide eye and ear treatment to the poor. In 1951, it merged with the Maine General Hospital (opened 1874) and Children's Hospital (opened 1908) and became the Maine Medical Center. It is now the largest hospital in Northern New England.
Maine Medical Center: History
7" deep, white body plate with grey/blue pattern decoration. Alternating geometric design and flowers on rim with Maine State Seal inside concentric circles in well of plate. Maine Eye and Ear Infirmary Portland inside circles with floral design around.
ID and photos contributed by dbstoneware