Manufacturer: Syracuse China
User: Miami Hotel
Date of tray: October 1916
Notes: Located at 35 North Main Street, Miami, Okla., the seven-story, 150-room Miami Hotel opened c. 1917 and was managed by J. J. Rubenstahl through the mid-1920s. For the next two decades, the hotel was managed by Russell James. By 1948, the room count dropped to 125; and in 1951 it dropped to 100, when the hotel became a Wyman Hotel. In 1956 it was an Alsonett Hotel. The Miami Hotel was not listed in the 1965 Hotel Red Book.
After the hotel closed, it became senior living space. At some point the name was changed to the Miami Towers and today (2011) is a continued care community.
Hotel Red Books 1916 – 1965
Larry Paul's 20th Century Hotel Research Database
The Empire dresser tray has a white body with coin gold band and line on rim. Logo is an oval frame with a field of blue with M H inside in white. Atop the frame is the word Miami in blue with an urn above and swags of bellflowers and bows to each side and below are the words Hotel Miami.
ID and photos contributed by dbstoneware