Manufacturer: Syracuse China
User: The Mohawk
Date of cup & saucer: 1908
Notes: Located on Fourth Lake, 13420 Route 28, Old Forge, N.Y., The Mohawk opened circa 1907 with approximately 80 rooms and cottages. It was a summer resort in the Adirondack Mountains, open from the end of May to the middle of October.
By 1960, the name was changed to the Mohawk Inn & Country Club. The Mohawk is listed in the 1968 Hotel Red book (55 rooms) but is not listed in the 1969.
Sources: Larry Paul's Hotel Data Base and Hotel Red Books
White body with green band and lines on rim with a rust colored Native American – Indian – in feathered headdress and The Mohawk beneath.
Info and photos contributed by dbstoneware