User: Olympic Club
Rim Pattern: Kenmoor
Date of plate: 1927
Notes: Established in 1860, the Olympic Club of San Francisco, CA is America's oldest athletic club. In 1893, the club opened its first permanent clubhouse on Post Street in S.F. It did not survive the earthquake of 1906 and the "City Clubhouse" was rebuilt at 524 Post Street. There are three championship golf courses between San Francisco and Daly City. These courses have been the site of the U.S. Open in 1955, 1966, 1987, and 1998. It is scheduled to host the U.S. Open again in 2012.
The Syracuse Kenmoor rim pattern (underglaze pattern #76101 & overglaze pattern #75701) was designed by A. J. Koch, copyrighted on November 16, 1923.