Manufacturer: Sterling China
User: Park Shelton Hotel
Date of bouillon cup: 1955-1957
Notes: Originally The Wardell when it opened on Sept. 1, 1926, as a residential hotel, the Park Shelton Hotel is located at 15 E. Kirby Ave., in Detroit, Mich.
The 12-story, 650-room hotel was designed architects Weston & Ellington and built by Bryant and Detwiler. Of note, the lobby included a mural " The Native American Race" by Diego Rivera.
Sheraton purchased The Wardell in 1943 and it became the Wardell-Sheraton, and was later renamed the Detroit-Sheraton. It became the Park Shelton Hotel in 1953-54. (It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as The Wardell, and was added in 2007.)
In the 1970s, the Park Shelton was converted to apartments, and in 2004, the Park Shelton was renovated once again, this time into 227 luxury condominiums.
All decorations on the bouillon cup are in cobalt blue, including a solid band on the rim, and below it a band of bell flowers interrupted by the words Park Shelton.
ID and photo contributed by dbstoneware
Postcard contributed by cardcow.com