Manufacturers: McNicol China, Shenango China, and Tepco China
User: Pine Cone Lodge
Date of examples: circa 1940s – 1960s
Notes: From the Pine Cone Lodge website: "Pine Cone Lodge has a long history as a resort and fishing camp. It started as a logging camp in 1900's run by the Thomas brothers. They were colorful characters that built some of the original log structures. The Lodge was rebuilt after a fire in 1906.
"The Sloanes later ran it in the 40s and 50s as an American plan resort. After vacationing at Pine Cone in the late 50s, Dr. Earl Brand from St. Louis purchased the resort in 1961. The third generation of Brands are continuing to run the resort."
Tan body platter with three stripes around the rim that connect as a single band. The outer stripe is black, next is a dark brown stripe, and finally a lighter brown stripe. In the well of the platter is a brown line drawing of a pinecone with six pine needles protruding from the top of the cone. Over the top of the drawing are the words "Pine Cone Lodge" in brown block letters.
Pine Cone Lodge website – history of the lodge
Gravy boat photos: Charles H. Sovine
ID: Ed Babcock
Research: Susan Phillips
Author: Ed Phillips