Manufacturer: Mayer China
User: Pittsburgh Athletic Association
Distributor: The F.F. Debolt Co. (used to estimate date)
Date of plate: 1911 -circa 1920s
Notes: The Pittsburgh Athletic Association (PAA) was chartered in 1908 by Frank Nicola. The clubhouse is reminiscent of the 16th Century Grimani Palace in Venice and was completed in 1911. It is located at 4215 5th Avenue in the Schenley Farms/Oakland section of Pittsburgh, Pa. and continues operations in 2009.
Circular topmark on white body with green and rust colored lines ending in curlicues at the PAA topmark.
For related info:
Pittsburgh Athletic Association by Syracuse China