Manufacturer: Sterling China
User: Pittsburgh Playhouse – Stage Door Club
Date of platter: 1965
Notes: Built by Richard Rauh in 1934, the Pittsburgh Playhouse located at 222 Craft Avenue in Pittsburgh, PA is the performing arts center of Point Park University in 2009. Click here for the Pittsburgh Playhouse website.
Mixed in with its theater offerings, the venue at different points in time had a brothel upstairs, a basement restaurant and served as a place of worship with church services being held in the theater. The Stage Door Club was the restaurant located in the basement of the Pittsburgh Playhouse in the 1950s and 1960s.
According to The Boo Crew, the venue is haunted by a number of ghosts, including Weeping Eleanor and Gorgeous George. Click here for more information on these playhouse phantoms.
Lamberton China white body, bottom-marked to the right in black with a geometric line design of a college graduate in cap & gown, pointing upward to two star-like designs cross-connected by a parallelogram.
Platter photos submitted by bsmont