Manufacturer: Buffalo China
User: Richies Drive-In
Date of cup: circa 1958-1970s
Notes: Richies Drive-In opened in 1958, on North Euclid Avenue at North Union in Bay City, Michigan. In Lost Bay City by Ron Bloomfied, he states the following: "… it was a popular hang-out and place of employment for teenagers during the 1960s and 1970s. It later became Richie's Restaurant, a name kept until 1980. Later known as Wolf's Restaurant, it closed in the mid-1980s and was later torn down. A gas and service station now occupies the site."
White body cup with the word "Richies" above the words "Drive-In" on the side all in bright red. The word "Richies" is shown in two different fonts, the "R" in a heavy block style, and the rest of the rest of the letters in a script. The words "Drive-In" are in a smaller block style.
Google Books – Lost Bay City by Ron Bloomfield
Photos: Kathleen Lathom
ID: Heidi Holbrook
Photos of building: Brad Payne and Roland S. Burritt