Manufacturer: Sterling China
User: Riverside – The Inn at Cambridge Springs, PA
Date of plate: 1962
Notes: The Riverside Inn is located at 1 Fountain Street in Cambridge Springs, Pennsylvania. According to Wikipedia, the hotel opened July 1, 1888 and is still in business today (2012). Of the 40+ hotels, bath houses and spas built during the "healing springs" craze at the turn of the 20th Century, the Riverside Inn is the only one still in business.
The four-story, 100-room hotel is listed in the 1894 Hotel Red Book, with Rider, Martin & Brech as owners. For over 50 years, the hotel was owned by members of the Baird Family. In 1948-49, it was part of the American Hotels Corporation, and carried the name, The Inn at Cambridge Springs, PA.
The historic inn is renowned for its professional Dinner Theatre with a popular Medieval Feast, comedy matinees, A Riverside Christmas and other productions. The Healing Waters Pub has dancing on the weekends.
Update 2021, the Riverside Inn was destroyed by fire in May, 2017.
White Body Plate, all decoration is blue-green. Line on rim, line on verge broken by a three-part shield with three steer heads, a dog facing left above, and the name Riverside The Inn at Cambridge Springs, PA below.
For related info:
Riverside Hotel by Bailey-Walker China
ID and photos contributed by dbstoneware