Manufacturer: Syracuse China
User: Rock-End Hotel
Date of platter: 1925
Notes: Located at the mouth of Northeast Harbor, Maine, this 4-story, 65-room hotel was constructed by Herman Savage in 1883-84. The hotel was expanded and reconfigured several times to accommodate more than 100 guests. Open from June 1 to September 15, the Rock-End burned on March 4, 1942.
White body, gray-green and orange bands on rim, broken by a logo of the rugged rock-bound coast of Maine, a sailboat, and seagulls.
ID and photos contributed by dbstoneware