Manufacturer: Syracuse China
User: Sagamore Hotel
Date of plate: 1927
Notes: The first Sagamore Hotel was completed in about 1885 and became a very popular summer resort for persons visiting the Adirondack upper New York Mountains. The hotel was located East Shore of Long Lake. It was under the primary ownership of Edmond Butler, Jr. However in 1889, the hotel caught fire and was completely destroyed. By 1892, a second hotel was constructed to replace the original Sagamore, which was capable of handling at least 200 guests.
As time went on, ownership of the hotel changed. During the era that this plate was made and used, the Falk Family out of New York was the owner of the hotel (1917 to 1946). It was located directly on Long Lake and was a summer resort hotel in the Adirondack Mountains of upstate New York.