Manufacturer: Walker China
User: Sapphire Room
Date of platter: 1953 – 1969
Notes: The Sapphire Room was located in the Hotel Washington of Indianapolis, Indiana. The Hotel Washington was built in 1912 as a three-part-vertical structure on 32 E. Washington Street. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on July 17, 1980.
In 1998, the building was renovated for $3.6 million. In 2010, the building is owned by the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra, which uses floors B-8 and leases the upper floors 9-16 with the 17th floor reserved for conference entertaining.
Ivory body with blue and gold line border; left positioned topmark in blue and gold with a large, bejeweled letter S next to a large blue sapphire jewel.
ID and plate photos contributed by suzy
Sapphire Room ephemera contributed by sflovest