Manufacturer: Maddock Pottery Co.
User/Pattern name: Saratoga Hotel
Distributor: Albert Pick
Date of platter: circa 1910
Notes: The Saratoga Hotel opened in 1892 on Dearborn Street in downtown Chicago, fairly centrally located between several major railroad depots and stations. Manager was J. K. Sebree. It hosted many shows, show people and entertainers to include circus troupes and performers, as well as gambling and gaming venues. Famous entertainers included Buffalo Bill Cody and Ringling Brothers. The venue declined after the early 1900s and eventually was closed by Bailiff T. J. Carroll on March 6, 1920, due to litigation.
White body with red and black pinstripes encircling on the edge, centrally topmarked multicolor logo of a winged hippocampus or a dragon with wings and 'S.'
ID and photos contributed by matthanne1