Manufacturer: Greenwood Pottery
User: Shaw & Powell Camping Co.
Date of bowl: 1913
Notes: Founded in 1898 by Amos Shaw and John D. Powell, the Shaw & Powell Camping Company operated movable tent camps in Yellowstone National Park. By 1913, the company was granted permission to establish permanent camps throughout the park. This would have been used at one of these permanent camp locations.
Click here for a detailed history of the Shaw & Powell Camping Company by Robert V. Goss.
White body with two black lines. Topmarked with the Shaw & Powell Camping Co. double diamond logo, featuring a buffalo set within one diamond and the words Shaw & Powell Camping Co. Yellowstone National Park Permanent Camps in the yellow diamond surrounding the buffalo.
ID and photos contributed by kathleen