Manufacturer: Syracuse China
User: St. Paul Hotel
Date of plate: November 1909
Notes: Located at 363 St. Peter Street in St. Paul, Minn., the 12-story, 300-room St. Paul was built in 1909 by Lucius Ordway and James Hill and became the social center of St. Paul. It was later a Roth Hotel, and in the 1930s it became a Blackhawk Hotel. In the late 1950s, the hotel started to show wear and tear and closed in 1979. The hotel was carefully renovated by interested local people and reopened in 1982 with 223 guest rooms and 31 suites. It is now (2010) a Historic Hotel of America.
White body, orange lines and navy blue chain on rim. The well of the plate has a light blue banner with L'Etoile du Nord (Star of the North), a golden star with the initials StP below and green leaves with maroon lady slippers.
ID and photos contributed by dbstoneware