Manufacturer: McNicol China
User: Standard Brewing Company, Rochester NY
Pattern: White with green stripes or bands
Date of plate: 1931-1956
The Standard Brewing Company was founded in 1889 as an ale brewery. It was originally located at 10 Cataract Street in Rochester, N.Y. By the time of prohibition, the brewery's capacity was 30,000 barrels per year. After repeal, Standard reopened at 436 Lake Ave., the previous location of the Flower City Brewery.
In 1956, as a result of competitive pressures, Standard Brewing entered into a merger with its local rival, Rochester Brewing Company. The consolidated firm was renamed the Standard-Rochester Brewing Company and continued in operation at Rochester's plant at 770 Emerson Street until the brewery ceased operation in 1970.