Manufacturer: Shenango China
User: University Club of Chicago
Date of cup : 1977
Notes: The University Club of Chicago (UCC) was established in 1887 and is located at 76 E. Monroe St., overlooking Millennium Park in Chicago, Illinois.
Since its beginning, the only requirement for eligibility to membership has remained a college degree from a four-year school. However, some selectivity remains in place: to join, one must have completed an application (necessary forms are not publicly available, but made available only to existing members) with a proposing member, a seconding member and a third statement of support.
The UCC strives to maintain a civil social atmosphere and present a spot where business and social discourse can be intertwined, and offers many activities and engagements to its members. Click here for more information about the club.
White body by Interpace with green flat scrollwork, edged in overglaze gold stripes. Interior of cup bears the logo for the University Club of Chicago.
ID and photos contributed by matthanne1