User: Van Cleve Hotel
Date of service plate: 1951
Notes: The Van Cleve Hotel was located at 36 West First & Ludlow Streets in Dayton, Ohio. The 12-story, 300-room hotel opened January 5, 1928. It was the home of the famous air-conditioned Pine Room, Mayfair Room and Wagon Wheel Bar.
The hotel was acquired by the Christ Episcopal Church in November 1967, and closed Dec. 31, 1967. The restaurant and bar served its last meal and drink in October, 1968. By June of 1969, the site was a parking lot.
ID and plate photos contributed by dbstoneware
Postcard photo contributed by Cardcow