Manufacturer: Walker China
User: Wisconsin & Michigan Steamship Company
Date of cream pitcher: 1942 – 1954 (furnished by Corco Textiles, Chicago, IL)
Date of Cup: 1959
Notes: The Wisconsin & Michigan Steamship Company's S.S. Milwaukee Clipper was known as the "Queen of the Great Lakes." This steamer funnel was originally named the S.S. Juniata, but after receiving a new steel structure, the ship was renamed the S.S. Milwaukee Clipper and launched from her namesake city. When launched, the ship became the first new luxury steamer on the Great Lakes since the 1920s. The ship was capable of handling 1,000 passengers and at least 120 vehicles for each trip. During the winter months of the season, the ship was used to transport new automobiles from Detroit to Wisconsin. Car ferry service was also offered to Muskegon. The S.S. Milwaukee operated on Lake Michigan from 1941 until 1970, when the Steamship Company stopped using her. Click here to read more about the S.S. Milwaukee Clipper.
One center red band with the "CLIPPER LINE" lifebuoy (life preserver) side deck scene.