Manufacturer: T & R Boote, England
User: Woods or Wood's Hotel
Date of platter: 1878
Notes: Newspaper records show references to the four-story hotel in Ripon, WI as early as 1854, destroyed by fire at least twice, the latest in 1908. It does not appear in the 1909 Hotel Red Book. An account of a fire there in 1898 by The Waupaca Republican referred to its prior names: the LaDow House, the Tarbell House and the Borngesser House.