Manufacturer: Syracuse China
User: Buffalo Athletic Club
Rim Pattern: Encanto
Date of plate: 1957
Notes: In 1889, the club's first building was located at Washington and Mohawk Streets in the old Trinity Church/Liedertafel Hall building in Buffalo, N.Y. Original cost was $11,000 for the building and there were 550 members. By 1923 the membership had grown to 2,500 and in 1924 a new building was constructed in Niagara Square at 69 Delaware Avenue., complete with dining room and lounge. Architect Edward B. Green designed the building in a Colonial Revival style, but many of the rooms have a Moorish quality, with graceful arches in the entry hall, lounge and grill room.
The new Buffalo Athletic Club continues in this location today.
Buffalo head with AC on either side. The Encanto pattern rim treatment consists of flowers and leaves with a floral spacer in rust and teal blue.
For more information: