Manufacturer: Greenwood Pottery
User: The Ebbitt House
Date of platter: 1886 – 1910
Notes: The Ebbitt Boarding House was established in 1856 by WM Ebbitt and consisted of four town houses at "F" & 14th streets, NW, Washington, DC. The original building was demolished in 1872 in order to build the Ebbitt House. Circa 1911, renovations were made to the hotel and it became known as the New Ebbitt House. For several years, the hotel was headquarters for the Army and Navy. By the mid-1920s, the hotel had seen its best days and was sold to the National Press Club for its new headquarters and was razed in 1926. A new 150-room Ebbitt Hotel was built in 1927 at 10th and "H" streets. No information is available for this hotel after 1956.
Off-white base with brown designs of stems, leaves, and flowers with Ebbitt House in the well of the oval plate.
For related info:
Ebbitt House & New Ebbitt House by Syracuse China
ID and photos submitted by dbstoneware