Manufacturer: Jackson China
User: Penn-Stroud Hotel
Date of plate: 1965 – 1973
Notes: Located at the gateway of the Pocono Mountains, the first hotel built on the corner of 7th and Main streets in Stroudsburg, Pa. was the Stroudsburg House in 1833-34. The Stroudsburg House later became the Burnett House around 1875.
Over the years, several other hotels have occupied this 700 Main Street location, including the Fulmer House in the early 1900s and the Penn-Stroud Hotel in the 1920s. After extensive renovations, the hotel reopened as the Penn-Stroud Hilton in 1971 and later was acquired by the Best Western hotel chain in 1981.
In 2011, the hotel is known as the Pocono Inne Town.
White body with a black line border on the verge. Topmarked with a line drawing of a horse and rider in black with the riders coat in yellow. The bottom edge of the plate is marked: The Penn Stroud in black outlined letters.
Photos contributed by emeraldblossom