Manufacturer: Unknown (possibly Shenango China)
User: Hotel Seattle
Date of sauce boat: Unknown
Notes: This seven-floor, 200-room, flat-iron shaped hotel was located at 1st and James streets on Pioneer Square in Seattle, Washington. The hotel opened in 1898 with the help of John R. Brennan, who was the assistant manager of the hotel for the first two years.
The hotel building was damaged in the 1949 Earthquake, and though listed in the 1957 Hotel Red Book, was abandoned by 1961.
In 1962, the historic triangular-shaped building was razed as part of an urban renewal plan, replaced with a parking garage known today (2012) as the "Sinking Ship." The destruction of this historic building sparked a Seattle preservation movement, resulting in a revival of the Pioneer Square district in 1970.
Wikipedia: Seattle Hotel
Viaduct History: Sinking Ship Parking Garage
HistoryLink.org Essay: Now & Then — Seattle Hotel vs. the Sinking Ship
White body with a double green line border. Topmarked by a green shield with a stylized letter S, flanked by laurel leaves, a crown on top, and a ribbon banner beneath with the words Seattle Hotel.
Seattle Hotel by Unknown German Manufacturer
Photos and additional ID info contributed by kathleen