Manufacturers: Black Knight, Hutschenreuther China – Germany
User: Sinton Hotel
Distributer: Albert Pick & Company – Chicago
Date of service plate: circa 1920 – 1939
Notes: Named after David Sinton (1808-1900), an industrialist who became America's richest man, this hotel opened on February 26, 1907 . Located at 4th & Vine streets in Cincinnati, Ohio, the nine-story, 400-room Sinton Hotel was built at a cost of $2.7 million. Rooms were added in 1911 and again afterward, bringing the total to 750 rooms. It was the home of the St. Nicholas Cafe, Club Chatterbox and Crystal Dining room. By 1953, it became part of the Sheraton chain of hotels. The Sinton closed in early 1964 and was torn down in October of that year to make room for the National City Tower.
White body plate with a coin gold band around the edge and an ornate coin gold design covering the entire verge. The rim is covered entirely by turquoise with sprays of mostly pink flowers along with six black cameos bordered in gold containing vases of pink and white flowers. In addition to the cameos there are six gold lattice columns halfway between the six black cameos. In the center of the well is the hotel's logo which consists of an elaborate shield or frame containing the stacked words "Hotel", "Sinton" and "Cincinnati".
For additional info:
Sinton Hotel by Syracuse and L. Hutschenreuther
Sinton Hotel 2 by Fraunfelter China
Author: Ed Phillips