Manufacturer: Fraunfelter China
User: Hotel Sinton – Cincinnati, Ohio
Distributer: Albert Pick & Company – Chicago
Date of demi-cup and saucer: circa 1923 – 1939
Notes: Named after David Sinton (1808-1900), an industrialist who became America's richest man, this hotel opened on February 26, 1907 . Located at 4th & Vine streets in Cincinnati, Ohio, the nine-story, 400-room Sinton Hotel was built at a cost of $2.7 million. Rooms were added in 1911, bringing the total to 750 rooms. It was the home of the St. Nicholas Cafe, Club Chatterbox and Crystal Dining room. By 1953, it became part of the Sheraton chain of hotels. The Sinton closed in early 1964 and was torn down in October of that year to make room for the National City Tower.
White body with turquoise covering the outside of the demi-cup and the verge and well of the saucer. There is a coin gold band on the rim of the cup and the saucer, and the cup's entire handle is covered in coin gold. On the left side of the cup is the hotel's logo which consists of an ornate oval frame topped with a crown. At the top of the frame in Old English script is the word "Hotel" and in the center of the frame is the word "Sinton" also in Old English. Near the bottom of the frame, in a banner, is the word "Cincinnati" also in Old English.
ID and photos: Kathleen Perrin
Author: Ed Phillips