Manufacturer: Wood & Sons, England
User: Waldorf Lunch System
Date of platter: 1907-1920
Notes: From Jan Whitaker's Consumer Society website, the first Waldorf Lunch opened in 1904, in Springfield, Mass. "In keeping with its full name, 'Waldorf Lunch System,' everything about it was highly standardized. All food was prepared in a central commissary and delivered to the units. The chain, which moved its base to Boston, served 36 million meals in 1920."
Estimates of the number of Waldorf Lunch locations at the height of its success vary from 75 stores to more than 100. It is not known when it closed.
The platter has two thin red lines with a bright green wider line or band between them. There is another thin red line on the verge. In black is the Waldorf Lunch name in its signature italic font with the L extending to underline the word Lunch.
ID and photo contributed by Kathleen