Manufacturer: C. Ahrenfeldt, France
User: Parker House
Distributor: Richard Briggs Co., Boston
Date of plate: 1896 – 1930s
Notes: Located in the heart of downtown Boston, Mass., The Parker House is known as the longest continuously operating hotel in the United States since 1855. The original Parker House closed on November 23, 1925 and was turned over to the wrecking crew in December 1925.
Claude M. Hart, president of the J.R. Whipple Corporation built the "new" Parker House on the site of the original Parker House. The new 14-story, 800-room building opened on May 12, 1927. Click here for more history about the Omni Parker House.
The hotel's famous restaurant, Parker's Restaurant, is home to the creation of Parker House Rolls and the Boston Cream Pie. Another dining room was the Revere Room.
In 1969 the hotel became the Dunfey Parker House Hotel and in 1984, the Omni Parker Hotel.
White body with a border of green acanthus leaves and pink sprigs of flowers, intertwined cornucopia and eagle heads. Topmarked with the intertwined initals "PH" within a wreath of green leaves and pink flowers.